Skip to main content

FASHION SHOW

     Wow this brought me out of comfort zone more than any assignment we have done yet this year! Or more than any assignment I have ever done before period. BUT it was so much fun!!! My group and I went to the thrift store together to compile some pieces together to create three cohesive outfits. When Grace said she had wigs that resembled those in the movie, we were all sold on wearing them with our outfits. The central idea of our fashion was the use of plastic bags and recycling. I took an old pair of ripped jeans and attached plastic bags in the holes of them. One of the plastic bags says, "reduce reuse recycle" so I positioned that so that you can read it on my jeans. We also tied plastic bags around the belt looks like a belt, and attached them to our hooped earrings. I also thrifted a mesh orange undershirt that I layered with a high mock neck top. This top was obviously inspire by Leeloo. The orange was always incorporated in her looks, so we each made sure our outfits had orange in them. Also, I noticed a high neck in her white outfit so I thought the top I layered over was perfect. Gaby, Grace, and I had so much doing this project together. 

Now, for watching everyone else, WOW i was so impressed! I love how everyone used different elements from the film The Fifth Element and got super creative with it. My favorite outfit was Jess's. I would totally wear that. I also loved Evan's group and how cohesive those outfits were. Watching the fashion show was just as fun as creating these outfits. I am thankful for this opportunity to tap into my creative side! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Death + Robots Analysis

 September 11, 2022      Love Death + Robots was a very interesting series of shorts that I thoroughly enjoyed viewing in class. After watching quite the range of futuristic robot content, my favorite short from Love Death + Robots was Automated Customer Service. This was my favorite because I found it hilarious and the most entertaining, but it still had an interesting underlying message.      Set in the future, an elderly community has robots to do just about everything for them, from pedicures to walking their dogs. I found the opening scene to be humorous in the way that it depicted man's dependency on technology. Even the simplest tasks are done by robots in this foreshadowed society. As portrayed, humans are completely dependent on technology today. While the short uses exaggeration to show this, the hidden message behind it remains true. The short cuts to an elderly woman in her home with her vacuum robot. Suddenly, the robot turns evil and decides it wants to kill her and h

Day 1

August 29, 2022 Hi!! My name is Sophia Demitrio and I am a sophomore this year. I am from New Jersey and am a biology major. My first impression of this class made me very excited for the semester. Since I have taken strictly science classes in college so far, I look forward to this class that will allow me to explore a more creative approach of learning. I expect to treat this class as a release from my other courses and to genuinely enjoy what Professor  Echeverry has to offer. 

Final Thoughts: Hon 255

My final thoughts on this course:     Overall, I really enjoyed this course and love how Professor Echeverry pushed each student out of their comfort zones. A room full of majors like biology, psychology, marine science, political science, etc. and our professor had us putting on fashion shows. I also liked how we were assigned many group projects. This allowed us all to collaborate and bring each other's creative sides out. My favorite assignment was the Interstellar project. That was my favorite movie we watched by far, and creating that video was a lot of fun too. I liked using this class as an escape from the more boring and exhausting science courses I am used to. I loved having Professor Echeverry as a teacher: he always kept things real and interesting and opened my eyes to a lot of things I would have never even thought about before. His assignments were always different and creative, and in turn required us to be different and creative as students. Thank you for taking us